Feb - 12 - 2018
What I accomplished this week:
- Studied Hot and Cold storage for the cryptocurrency.
- Studied Hierarchical key generation.
- Started learning secret splitting and sharing.
- Setup Bitcoin test-net
- Install docker
- Setup docket image for bitcoind bitcoin demon
- Successfully performed Bitcoin transaction on Bitcoin testnet
- Attended SIRA seminar presentation by Gordon Werne on Achieving Security and Trust Through Efficient Memory Authentication.
Key challenges faced:
- Setting up Bitcoin test network is challenging.
- There is an issue in the connection between bitcoinj and Bitcoin testnet that need to solve before going further.
Plans for week 5:
- Continue learning about secret splitting and sharing for cryptocurrency wallet private key management.
- Solve the problem of connectivity between bitcoinj and Bitcoin testnet.
- Prepare the slides for SIRA group presentation.