Feb - 5 - 2018
What I accomplished this week:
- Studied the NIST report on 'Blockchain Technology Overview'
- Reviewed online lecture on 'Bitcoin and cryptocurrency'
- Studied Bitcoin Developer Guide and Bitcoin Wiki.
- Installed Bitcoinj library for working with Bitcoin Protocol.
- Started to study the ECDSA algorithm for key generation and signature verification.
- Scheduled the SIRA group presentation (Presentation Date: 02.23.2018)
Key challenges faced:
- Installing Bitcoinj library and working with the protocol is tricky.
- Understanding the ECDSA for signing transaction is challenging.
Plans for week 4:
- Continue research on bitcoin wallet key management.
- Study the ECDSA and importance of randomness on ECDSA
- Prepare the outline for the SIRA group presentation.
- Test the working of Bitcoinj by performing transactions.